Squash and Sausage Penne with Sage
- 10 MIN
- 40 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 500 mL (2 cups) diced butternut squash
- 400 g (4 cups) penne
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, cut into strips
- Meat from 4 sausages
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 625 mL (2 ½ cups) Baxter 18% coffee cream
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) fresh sage, minced
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) Saputo Italiano 4 Formaggi Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a saucepan filled with salted water on high heat, blanch the diced squash for 5 minutes or until tender. Boil pasta according to package instructions. In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the onions in the oil for two minutes, stirring. Add the sausage meat and garlic. Sauté while stirring for 5 minutes. Pour in white wine and reduce to half. Add cream and sage. Bring to a boil. In a bowl, coat pasta with sauce and add the blanched diced squashed. Stir in half the cheese. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake on the middle rack for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve.