Creamy One-Pot Tuscan Pasta
- 15 MIN
- 15 MIN
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 225 g (1/2 lb) chicken cutlets
- 1.25 L (5 cups) water
- 450 g (1 lb) dry linguine pasta*
- 500 mL (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sea salt
- 250 mL (1 cup) Baxter 18% cream
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmsan cheese
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
*Note: Use wide linguine pasta that is labeled as requiring 10 to 11 minutes to cook.
- Pour the olive oil in a large pot or saute pan (the pot or pan needs to be large enough to fit the dry pasta flat). Set over medium-high heat, then add the chicken cutlets and cook about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, keep on the side.
- In the pot, add the water, linguine, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil the pasta for 9 minutes, stirring and tossing from time to time to prevent the pasta from sticking together. After 9 minutes, the pasta should still have a good bite (just under al dente) and the water should be mostly evaporated.
- While the pasta cooks, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Baxter 18% cream, Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese, and Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmesan cheese. Slice the cooked chicken cutlets.
- When the pasta is done, stir the cream and cheese mixture into the pot. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in the sliced chicken, baby spinach, and bacon, then generously season with black pepper. Serve immediately, each serving garnished with additional Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.