Salmon with Lemon and Parmesan Cheese Cream Sauce and Zucchini Noodles
- 20 min
- 40 min
- 4 servings
For the zucchini noodles
- 454 g (1 lb) zucchini (about 4 medium-sized zucchini)
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salmon
- 454 g (1 lb) skinless salmon fillets, cut into 2-cm cubes
- Sea salt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) Baxter butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) chicken broth or fish stock
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) white wine
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) drained capers
- Saputo Very Fine Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley
- Using a mandolin or a spiralizer, thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise to create noodles. Transfer to a colander, then toss with sea salt. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Season the salmon cubes with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the salmon cubes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a bowl, cover loosely, and keep warm.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the garlic and shallot and cook, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken broth, then add the white wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Whisk in the cream and Parmesan cheese, then the capers. Add the salmon cubes and gently toss to coat with the sauce. Keep warm while preparing the zucchini noodles.
- Pat the zucchini noodles dry using paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat, then add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, just until warm.
- Divide the zucchini noodles between serving plates. Top with salmon and lemon and Parmesan cream sauce, and garnish with Parmesan Cheese and chopped parsley.
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.