Banana, Maple and Ricotta Cheese Pancakes
- 10 min
- 25 min
- 250 mL (1 cup) of all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of baking powder
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) of salt
- 1 very ripe banana, peeled
- 250 mL (1 cup) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 180 mL (¾ cup) of Baxter milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) of maple syrup
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, mash the banana. Add the Ricotta cheese, milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and egg yolks and mix until well incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Transfer to the bowl with the pancake mixture and fold to incorporate (don’t overmix, the mixture should be light).
- Heat a bit of vegetable oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Pour 80 mL (1/3 cup) of mixture to form each pancake, cooking two to three at a time. Cook about 3 minutes, until the underside is golden and bubbles become visible on the surface. Flip over the pancakes and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm as you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup, or other toppings of your choice.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.