Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 45 min
- 60 min
IngredientsDough (See Note)
- 180 mL (¾ cup) lukewarm water
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sugar
- 7 mL (1½ tsp) active dry yeast
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sea salt
- 430 mL (1¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Baxter butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) onion, finely chopped
- 5 mL (½ tsp) fresh oregano
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Baxter unsalted butter
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) Baxter milk
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 mL (¼tsp) ground black pepper
- 120 g (¾ cup) Saputo grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and cut into strips
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh thyme
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh oregano
- 1 handful fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) cooked pancetta, cubed
- ½ green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, thinly sliced
- 125 mL (½ cup) yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
DirectionsFor the Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and sugar.
- Sprinkle yeast on the surface of the water and let rest for 5 minutes without stirring. Add olive oil and sea salt and stir with a fork.
- Add 250 mL (1 cup) of the flour and stir with a fork until the flour is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes sticky.
- Add an additional 125 mL (½ cup) of the flour and knead to incorporate.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface floured with the remaining 60 mL (¼ cup) of flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes, or until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth and supple.
- Transfer the dough to a large, oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rest for 90 minutes at room temperature.
For the Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 230 oC (450 oF). Place the rack at the top of the oven.
- Prepare the garlic butter by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, then adding all the other ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce. Start by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the flour, whisking to avoid lumps. Slowly add the cream and milk, whisking continuously for 2 minutes until the mixture becomes smooth and thick. Incorporate the salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into two balls. Roll each ball into a disc of about 40 cm (16 in) in diameter, then transfer to a pizza pan.
- Spread the garlic butter onto each disc, then pour on about 250 mL (1 cup) of sauce, or to taste.
- Top with chicken, herbs, Mozzarellissima cheese, pancetta, pepper, onions and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is fully golden.
- Top with a few leaves of arugula just before serving.
- Repeat for the second pizza.
For a quick and easy way to prepare this recipe, use store-bought pizza dough.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.