Parmesan Cheese Date Muffins
- 10 min
- 40 min
- 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups dried dates, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups Saputo Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Baxter milk
- 1⁄3 cup Baxter butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the dates and ¾ of the parmesan cheese and combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold with a spatula until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly in 12 well-buttered muffin tins or use paper liners.
- Place a generous pinch of the remaining cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Serve warm.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.