Cottage Cheese Parfaits with Bananas, Caramel and Coconut
- 15 min
- 40 min
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Baxter salted butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) light brown sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, in 1 cm (1/2") slices
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sweetened shredded coconut
- 500 g (2 cups) Baxter cottage cheese
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar on medium until the sugar begins melting around the edges. Cook 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the sugar has melted and caramelized. Remove from the heat and slowly and carefully add the 35% cream, followed by the orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Return the caramel to the stove and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced by 1/3 and is thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the banana slices.
- Cool to room temperature.*
- While the sauce is cooling, place the coconut on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden. Set aside.
- To assemble the dessert, spoon most of the bananas into the bottom of 4 medium sized glasses, leaving some sauce and a few banana slices for the topping. Divide the cottage cheese between theglasses and top with the remaining bananas and sauce. Finish each serving with a generous sprinkling of toasted coconut.
* At this point the banana-caramel mixture may be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days. Make sure to warm before using.
The dairy goodness that started it all in 1900, our butter is still a smooth and delicious staple with a place in every kitchen.
In your tea and coffee, on top of fresh berries or the perfect addition to your favourite family recipe – there’s no shortage of fresh and delicious ways to enjoy our cream products.