Hazelnut Nanaimo Bars
- 20 min
- 2 h 20 min
- 125 mL (½ cup) of hazelnut spread
- 8 squares (226 g) of semi-sweet chocolate
- 375 mL (1½ cups) of Graham cracker crumbs
- 125 mL (½ cup) of ground hazelnuts
- 90 mL (1/3 cup) of Baxter unsalted butter, melted
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of Baxter milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) of vanilla instant pudding powder
- 500 mL (2 cups) of powdered sugar
- 125 mL (½ cup) of roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Flaky sea salt
- Generously butter a square 20-cm baking pan.
- In a large bowl, melt the hazelnut spread with 4 squares (113 g) of semi-sweet chocolate. When the mixture is smooth, stir in the Graham cracker crumbs and ground hazelnuts. Stir until the mixture is moistened. Firmly press the mixture to the bottom of the prepared pan to form the crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk 60 mL (¼ cup) of the melted butter with the milk and the instant pudding powder. Gradually whisk in the powdered sugar, until fully incorporated and smooth. Pour over the crust and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining semi-sweet chocolate (4 squares / 113 g) with the remaining butter (30 mL / 2 tbsp). Spread over the refrigerated cream layer, then top with the hazelnuts and lightly sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Cut into squares and serve.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.