Dark Hot Chocolate
- 10 min
- 20 min
- 250 ml (1 cup) Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) icing sugar
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 90 g (3 oz) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 large marshmallows
- 1 L (4 cups) Baxter milk
- 12 plain dark chocolate truffles
- Garnishes to taste: chocolate shavings
- Chocolate baton cookies
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Cocoa powder
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a bowl, whip together the cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
- In a small bain-marie, melt the chocolate. Line a tray with parchment paper. Dip half of each marshmallow in the melted chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and set on the tray. Cool in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. If any melted chocolate remains after dipping, scrape it onto some parchment and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk on low until steaming. Add the truffles and the reserved chocolate and whisk until melted. Keep warm.
- Serve hot chocolate with whipped cream and assorted garnishes, do-it-yourself style!
Products in this recipe
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.
You may also like these recipes
- 25 min
- 90 min (150 min including chilling time)
Blueberry Cheesecake Pie Bars
- 20 min
- 20 min
Berry and Cottage Cheese Fruit Cups
- 45 min
- 90 min