Cottage Cheese Frittata
- 15 min
- 30 min
- 12 mini-frittatas
- 60 mL (¼cup) of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 60 mL (¼cup) of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) of extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 mL (2 cups) of minced kale (about 2 large leaves, stems removed)
- 6 eggs
- 125 mL (½ cup) of Baxter cottage cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) of broccoli florets
- 125 mL (½ cup) of chopped asparagus
- Zest from ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 375oF. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the basil, Italian parsley, green onion, garlic clove and zucchini. Pulse for a few seconds at a time until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the herb and zucchini mixture and sweat for 5 minutes, mixing from time to time. Add the minced kale and cook 5 minutes, mixing from time to time, until it has wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the cottage cheese. Using a spatula, fold in the broccoli, asparagus, lemon zest, and, finally, the cooked herb and zucchini mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, filling up to three-quarters. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the frittatas are puffed and golden. Let cool, then unmold. Serve hot or room temperature.