Carrot Breakfast Muffins
- 15 MIN
- 40 MIN
- 250 ml (1 cup) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) quick-cooking oats
- 70 g (1/2 cup) dried raisins
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) carrots, peeled and grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Baxter 2% Milk
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place muffin paper cups on a muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, raisins, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Add the grated carrots.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, eggs and lemon zest. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix gently with a spatula until the mixture is slightly moist. Divide the batter evenly among the cups.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Unmould and let cool on a rack.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.