Super Fluffy Blueberry and Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 15 MIN
- 30 MIN
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 250 ml (1 cup) Baxter cottage cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) Baxter 2% milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) fresh blueberries
- Baxter butter
- Mix egg yolks with cottage cheese, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract and milk in a blender until smooth.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the whites into the batter until mixture is well blended.
- Add blueberries and gently fold in.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour batter with heaping tablespoons to form small round pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve hot.
- Drizzle with maple syrup to serve.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.
Baxter’s Cottage Cheese is fresh, tasty and nutritious - perfect for home-made lasagna or as a side dish with any salad or fresh fruit.