All Dressed Savoury Oatmeal
- 15 MIN
- 30 MIN
- 2 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- One leek white, chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) oats
- 500 ml (2 cups) Baxter 2% Milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) Armstrong Mozza Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 2 eggs, cooked to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Chives, chopped
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over low heat for 10 minutes, or until crunchy. Set aside.
- Remove part of the bacon grease and set aside, leaving around 1 tablespoon of fat in the pot.
- Add the leek and peppers and sauté over medium heat for one minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the oatmeal and the second half of bacon fat and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the cheese to the oatmeal and mix well until melted.
- Cook eggs as desired (scrambled, over easy, sunny side up).
- Divide oatmeal between two bowls. Add the remaining cheese, vegetables, bacon, eggs and garnish with chives.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.