Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 10 MIN
- 22 MIN + marinating time
- 1 lb. (454g) raw shrimp, size 21-25, shelled
- 8 tortillas (6-inch)
- 250 ml (1 cup) mango, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) purple cabbage, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 sections
For the marinade
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- The zest from half a lime
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground cumin
- A pinch of Mexican chili powder (optional)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) canola oil
For the creamy cilantro sauce
- ½ garlic clove
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Baxter 3.25% milk
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed
- The zest and juice from half a lime
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat and oil the BBQ.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the shrimp and let marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Using a food processor or an immersion blender, puree all the ingredients for the sauce. Season and set aside.
- Cook the shrimp on the BBQ over medium heat, approximately 2 minutes each side. Serve the shrimp on the tortillas and garnish with the toppings (mango, purple cabbage, and avocado). Drizzle with the creamy cilantro sauce.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.