Slow Cooker Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 5 MIN
- 4 HR 5 MIN
- 1 L (4 cups) Baxter milk
- 500 mL (2 cups) water
- 250 mL (1 cup) unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) granulated maple sugar or brown sugar
- 10 mL (2 tsp) pumpkin pie spice mix or 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) each: ground cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves
- 1.25 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 500 mL (2 cups) steel-cut oats
- Baxter milk
- Maple syrup
- Chopped pecans
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, whisk together the Baxter milk, water, pumpkin puree, raisins, sugar, spices, and salt. Stir in the steel-cut oats. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Stir vigorously to make the oatmeal extra creamy.
- Stir in additional milk into each serving, then garnish with maple syrup and chopped pecans. The oatmeal can be refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 5 days.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.