- 2 HR 15 MIN
- 3 HR
- 2 loaves
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) warm water
- 2 packages instant yeast
- 1.5 L (6 cups) white bread flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) Baxter 2% milk
- The juice from a ¼ lemon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Baxter butter, melted
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and warm water. Add the yeast and set aside in a warm area for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Pour the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the eggs, milk, lemon juice, and sugar/yeast mixture.
- Using your stand’s hook attachment, mix the dough on medium speed for approximately 5 minutes (add flour if mixture becomes too sticky). Add the melted butter and continue to mix until the dough is elastic.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise in a warm area for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- On a clean, floured work surface, divide the dough into 6 balls. Place 3 balls in 2 different 9-inch x 5-inch bread molds. Cover the molds with a damp towel and let rise in a warm area for 30 minutes, meanwhile preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place a baking sheet filled with water on the bottom rack of oven. Bake the bread on the centre rack for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven once done. In a bowl, combine the sugar and water and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Brush the loaves with the sugar/water mixture and let rest at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.