Mini Quiches with Asparagus and Goat Cheese
- 10 min
- 25-30 min
- 12 individual portions
- 12 mini frozen tart shells
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups Baxter 35% cream
- ½ cup Baxter 3.25% homogenized milk
- ½ cup fine herb goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped asparagus
- Pinch of salt and pepper and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven 375 °F (160 °C). Arrange the tart shells on a baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a frying pan add in the olive oil and over medium-low heat sauté onions until tender and translucent around 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs, add in the milk and cream and season with salt and pepper. Whisk again to combine.
- Disperse the onions over the bottom of the pre-baked pie shells, pour over half of the egg mixture, crumble the goat cheese and asparagus over each tart evenly, and top with the remaining egg mixture.
- Place the quiche in the oven for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 320 °F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- The quiche is ready when the top has souffléd up and is slightly golden 7. Let cool before serving.
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.