Mango, Cottage Cheese and Cookie Crumb Parfait
- 10 min
- 20 min
- 500 g (17.6 oz.) Baxter 2% cottage cheese
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 60 mL (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sugar
- 60 mL (¼ cup) shredded coconut
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) cold Baxter butter, diced into small cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- In a bowl, add the cottage cheese and honey. Slice the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the back of a knife. Add to the cottage cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly to distribute the vanilla and honey. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (350 °F). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and coconut. Incorporate the cold butter with a fork or your fingers until well-distributed. The mixture should take on a crumbly texture. Spread the mixture over the lined cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until golden. Let cool completely.
- Just before serving, layer the vanilla-flavoured cottage cheese, diced mangoes and cookie crumbs in parfait glasses. Sprinkle with toasted coconut as desired.