Butterscotch Salted Caramel
- 20 min
- 250 mL bowl
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Water
- 225g (1 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) colourless corn syrup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) scotch whisky
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 56 g (1/4 cup) Baxter unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup and scotch to a boil until the mixture turns an amber colour. Remove from the heat and gradually add the cream. Be careful of splashes.
- Bring to a boil for a second time, until the mixture is smooth. Stir gradually while adding the butter and the sea salt until the butter melts. Pour into glass jars and let the caramel cool down at room temperature. Can be stored covered for two weeks at room temperature or 1 month refrigerated.
You can enjoy the caramel on toasted bread, with yogurt, on ice cream, with a piece of cake, on doughnuts or just right off the spoon!
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.