Grandma's Blackberry Cobbler
- 20 MIN
- 1 HR 10 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 15 ml (tbsp) lactose free butter, melted
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar, divided
- 250 ml (1 cup) Baxter 3.25% Milk
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Pour the melted butter into an 8-inch square baking dish. Thoroughly coat the dish.
- Add the blackberries and brown sugar and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, and vanilla until mixture is smooth; pour into the prepared dish. Pour onto the batter.
- Bake in the oven until golden and the fruit is tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.