French Toast Fingers with Maple Strawberry Sauce
- 15 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 250 mL (1 cup) quartered fresh strawberries
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) 125 mL (1/2 cup) Baxter unsalted butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) granulated maple sugar or brown sugar
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) sea salt
- 8 thick slices brioche or bread
- 4 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) Baxter milk
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) pure vanilla extract
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple syrup or sugar
- Baxter unsalted butter, for cooking
- Using a food processor or a stick blender, puree the strawberries to a fine consistency (you should get about 125 mL / 1/2 cup of puree). Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the maple syrup, sugar, and cream. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Whisk in the strawberry puree and simmer for 2 minutes. Whisk in the salt, then transfer to a glass jar. Set aside or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (300 °F).
- Slice the bread into fingers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup or sugar together. In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter. Dunk the bread fingers into the egg mixture one at a time, then transfer to the skillet. Repeat to cook several bread fingers at once, making sure they’re set in a single layer. Using tongs, turn the fingers to brown them on all sides. Set the cooked French toast fingers on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to keep warm. Wipe the skillet clean using a paper towel, then return to medium heat and melt 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter. Repeat the steps to cook all of the bread.
- Serve the French toast fingers warm with maple strawberry sauce on the side.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.