Smoked Salmon and Nordic Shrimp Pizza
- 45 MIN
- 60 MIN
DOUGH (SEE NOTE)
- 360 mL (1½ cups) warm water
- 20 mL (4 tsp) sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) active dry yeast
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sea salt
- 875 mL (3½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 mL (½ cup) Baxter sour cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese
- 125 g (¼ lbs) smoked salmon, sliced
- 125 mL (½ cup) Nordic shrimp, defrosted
- 1 small red onion, sliced into fine rings
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) capers
- 4 thin lemon slices
- Fresh-ground pepper
FOR THE DOUGH
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast on the surface of the water and let rest for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Add olive oil and sea salt and stir with a fork.
- Add 500 mL (2 cups) of flour and stir with a fork until the flour is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes sticky.
- Add an additional 250 mL (1 cup) of flour and knead to incorporate.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface floured with the remaining 120 mL (1/2 cup) of flour.
- Knead for 5-7 minutes, or until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth and supple.
- Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rest for 90 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls.
FOR THE PIZZA
- Preheat oven to 230 °C (450 °F) with the rack in the top position.
- Roll out a ball of dough into a 40-cm circle. Spread the Baxter sour cream over the dough. Cover with Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese. Top with smoked salmon, Nordic shrimp, onions, capers and lemon slices. Add a generous sprinkling of pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
NOTE: For a quick and easy way to prepare this recipe, use store-bought pizza dough.