- 35 MIN
- 47 MIN + resting time
- 36 madeleines
- 250 mL (1 cup) of all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of ground cinnamon
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) of ground ginger
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) of ground allspice
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 250 mL (1 cup) of sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) of vanilla extract
- 250 mL (1 cup) of melted Baxter butter (plus more to grease the madeleine pan)
- 90 mL (1/3 cup) of Saputo Ricotta di Campagna cheese
- 115 g (4 oz) of dark chocolate, chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of Baxter 35% whipping cream
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt, then whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg and sugar together until the mixture is pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. With the beater at the lowest speed setting, drizzle in the melted butter. Add the Saputo Ricotta di Campagna Cheese and beat just to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients a third at a time, folding just until there are no traces of flour before adding more (do not beat). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Generously butter a non-stick madeleine pan. Preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Set the madeleine pan flat on the work surface. Take the batter out of the refrigerator. Fill each of the madeleine cups two-thirds of the way using about 22 mL (1 1/2 tbsp) of batter for regular-sized madeleines. Refrigerate the remaining batter. Bake the madeleines for 12 minutes, or until they’re puffed and golden.
- Take the madeleines out of the oven and immediately unmold by inverting the pan over a wire rack. Let the madeleines cool completely. Thoroughly wash the madeleine pan, butter, then fill the cups again to bake the second batch of madeleines. Repeat a third time to bake all the madeleines.
- While the madeleines cool, melt the chocolate and the cream in a double boiler, whisking from time to time, until the chocolate is completely smooth. Dip the madeleines in the chocolate, then sprinkle with nuts. Return the madeleines to the wire rack until the chocolate sets, then serve.
The choice is yours – whether in coffee, on pastries or as an ingredient in your favourite recipes, we are sure you will find the perfect Baxter cream that will fit your needs.
A tasty, creamy butter that is churned to perfection. Ideal for sandwiches, baking or cooking, Baxter’s butter is a must for every fridge.