Creamy Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
- 15 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Baxter 18% cream
- 2 tbsp. (30 g) unsalted butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo Taco Nacho shredded cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo shredded Parmesan
- 170 g Saputo smoked Caciocavallo, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F).
- Wash Brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves and stems. Cut them in half vertically and add to a pot of boiling water to blanch for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a separate pan, bring Baxter cream to a simmer.
- Add the Saputo Taco Nacho shredded cheese and whisk until mixture is free of lumps.
- Grease a cast iron skillet/casserole with the unsalted butter and layer Brussels sprouts. Pour in cream mixture. Sprinkle Saputo shredded Parmesan followed by Saputo smoked Caciocavallo. Add seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Bake gratin for 20-25 min or until cheese is fully melted and golden brown.