Cream of Leek, Cheddar Cheese and Bacon
- 10 MIN
- 40 MIN
- 4 - 6
- 6 bacon slices, coarsely chopped
- The white part of 3 leeks, washed and cut into rounds
- 4 to 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1.25 L (5 cups) chicken broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) Baxter 35% cream
- 375 mL (1 ½ cup) Armstrong Old Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Scallions, for garnish
- In a saucepan, fry the bacon over medium heat until it’s slightly crispy. Set aside.
- In a pot, fry the leeks, potatoes and garlic in the bacon fat over medium-low heat.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the broth. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove 750 mL of the mix and blend it using an immersion blender.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pot and add the Baxter cream. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Armstrong Old Cheddar cheese and stir. Top with the bacon and scallions, then serve.