Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Cheddar Cheese
- 20 MIN
- 50 MIN
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- To make the béchamel, melt butter in pot set over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and continue whisking until mixture turns into a paste, about 5 minutes (do not let brown).
- Gradually add the Baxter milk and continue whisking. Add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a pot set over high heat, bring salted water to a boil. On a working surface, use a mandolin to slice potatoes 1/8-inch thick. Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes. Let cool and strain.
- Spread a small quantity of the béchamel in bottom of oven-safe casserole dish. Place potato slices over the béchamel and pour approximately 1 cup of béchamel over top. Add 1 cup of spinach and a handful of onions.
- Add eggs and repeat step 5 until all the ingredients have been used up, finishing with the Saputo Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes.
A recipe inspired by our foodie collaborator, Lynn, from the INGREDIENTS BY SAPUTO X YOU initiative.
Made fresh everyday, Baxter milk is a delicious part of your day. As a nutritious option, Baxter milk is an excellent source of calcium, protein and vitamin D for the whole family. You can always count on Baxter’s great tasting quality milk.